Monday 11 June 2012

unhurried

It's a lovely feeling not to be in a rush to get somewhere or do something.  Monday is normally my 'day-off' and so I have just spent the last two hour sipping tea, going through my diary and creating lists :)  Oh I do love a good list!! even if nothing on them ever gets done - it does help to declutter my mind and leave space for more lists to be created. Somehow writing on a post-it note and sticking it on the coffee table then organizing them into the right 'zone' ie. family, church, community, school - frees the mind before it gets to boiling point.

It has been quite a few busy weeks and so I do value the time and space just to be quiet and reflect on activities/converstations and situations that have taken place, challenge my thoughts and behaviour at them or about them and prepare for the next few weeks ahead.  To help me through this process I have been using the 'I'll Fight - a journey in prayer and social justice' booklet we were sent relating to the 'I'll Fight' congress (see below for the I'll Fight words of William Booth) recently held at The Royal Albert Hall. The following steps have been most helpful:-

Step 1 - God wants to hear you (Psalm 6:9)
Step 2 - God wants to heal you (Psalm 30:2)
Step 3 - God wants to help you (Psalm 18:32)
Step 4 - God wants to bring hope through you (Isaiah 58:12)

(I took this photo when the sun made an appearance)

My lounge is on the first floor of a town house so I over look a Primary school playground/field, other than playtime/lunchtime, there is not normally any activity that takes place and, so, my view is quite tranquil. An added bonus today, however, is that it's raining so 'whatever' activity has been planned for the playground will now take place indoors - *BLISS* well for me anyway :)  Now to organize my lists but first another cup of tea :))

(not too sure where or from whom I got this picture from - but I like it)

I'll Fight
While women weep, as they do now, I'll fight;
While little children go hungry, as they do now, I'll fight;
While men go to prison, in and out, in and out, as they do now, I'll fight;
While there is a drunkard left,
While there is a poor lost girl upon the streets,
While there remains one dark soul without the light of God, I'll fight -
I'll fight to the very end.
(The Founder Speaks Again: a selection of the writings of William Booth, Cyril Barnes, 1960)

8 comments:

  1. I had to smile reading about your lists. I do the same, even if none of it gets done, looking at the list makes me feel it is getting done!!!!!

    That rare dry day - what a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara for your comment - my office wall is covered (neatly and organized) in post-it notes too :)) lol

      Delete
  2. That is a great photo! You might enjoy reading the book, 'The Debt' by Angela Hunt, which I just read last week. It's about meeting people where they are and showing them the way to The Rescuer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy for your comment and I will look out for the book, which sounds very interesting :))

      Delete
  3. Nice to see you in print again Judy. I'm with you where post it notes are concerned and I do try to get round to some of the jobs on the list before the paper disintegrates.
    Thanks for "I'll fight". Have never seen it before. Quite something to aim for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray - have been slowly working through my lists today and may I place the emphasis on SLOWLY...

      Delete
  4. welcome back you have been missed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Charles :)) hope all is well with you?

      Delete